Sunday, March 9, 2014

post #5

My favorite hockey team is the New York Rangers. I have been a fan of this team since I was a little girl because my dad is a big supporter of the team, and raised me to love them as well. My sisters and I love attending as many games as we can throughout the season. We always like to sit in the highest section of the arena, because that is where the most ecstatic fans sit. This year me and my sister, Kira, attended an outdoor game at Yankee Stadium. It was frigid! However, we bundled up very well and kept warm throughout the game! The best part was that the Rangers beat the Islanders (who are my least favorite team). The team is doing fantastic this season, and I hope we make it to the playoffs!


Vocabulary Words:

Hockey : this is a sport that can occur on ice skates or roller blades. The main idea is to get the puck ( a flat round object) into the net. Whoever does this the most times, wins!

Supporter : someone who backs up a team or a person. My parents are my biggest supporters because they always tell me I can do whatever I set my mind to.

Attending: when you attend something, you are there. Example : it is important that you attend class every day, so you can graduate, and attend university.

Arena : this is a place where an event occurs. Most sporting teams have their own arenas.

Ecstatic: this is a way of saying very excited. When you are ecstatic about something it means you are so excited about whatever it may be.

Frigid : a word for extreme cold. It is not frigid outside right now, however, in Alaska, it probably is.

Bundled up : when you wear a lot of clothing in layers to keep yourself warm.

Fantastic : another way to say "great" or "awesome".

Activity :
(1) Please identify the parenthesis in this paragraph, and explain why you think they are used.
(2) Please write one sentence using vocabulary from two (2) or more previous posts.
(3) In five (5) sentences or more, please tell me about your favorite sports team (I hope its the Rangers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment