Sunday, March 9, 2014

post #3

I am one of three siblings. I have two younger sisters, named Tonya and Kira. Kira is a junior at West Hempstead High school, and Tonya is a freshman at the University of Mississippi. The other day, Tonya came home for spring break. It is so nice to have her here, as the family dynamic is really different when she is away. We have planned a lot of fun things to do with Tonya while she is home. We are going to a hockey game this week, we are going ice skating as a family, we are going to a movie, and yesterday we went to a trampoline park. My favorite thing about having Tonya home is that during the day I have someone to hang out with. Since both my parents have full time jobs and my sister is still in high school, my house is only occupied by me all day. Now that Tonya is home I am not so lonely anymore. I will miss her a lot when she leaves.

Vocabulary:

Siblings : this is another word we use for sisters or brothers

University : this is a word we use for college, or a place of higher learning. When you leave high school, you may have the opportunity to attend a university.

Dynamic: this is a way to describe the way the family works together. When the family dynamic is off, it means something isn't right

Trampoline : These are really fun. It is a piece of material stretched out and attached to springs so that you can jump really high and do tricks.

Occupied : this is another word for being used. My house is occupied by me during the day, which means I am the one inside of it.


Activity :
(1) You may remember the word "graduate" from the previous blog. Please use the word "Graduate" and "university" together in a complete sentence.

(2) Please use two words from ANY of the three blogs in a complete sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment